Faculty and Student Honors
Honorary fellowships, appointments, awards, and notable presentations for IPR faculty fellows and associates. Browse recent honors below or view our archive to see awards given prior to 2019.
- IPR director and economist Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach was elected to the National Academy of Social Insurance.
- Professor and founding chair of medical social sciences and IPR associate David Cella was among the Highly Cited Researchs list by Clarivate Analytics' Web of Science.
- Social networking expert and IPR associate Noshir Contractor was elected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Professor and founding chair of medical social sciences and IPR associate David Cella
was elected to the National Academy of Medicine
- IPR developmental psychobiologist Emma Adam was named the Edwina S. Tarry Professor of Human Development and Social Policy.
- IPR associate Janice Eberly, the James R. and Helen D. Russell Professor of Finance, was elected Vice President of the American Economic Association.
- IPR economist Jonathan Guryan was named the Lawyer Taylor Professor of Education and Social Policy.
- IPR labor economist Kirabo Jackson was named the Abraham Harris Professor of Education and Social Policy.
- IPR social psychologist Mesmin Destin was awarded the Charles Deering McCormick Professor of Teaching Excellence Award.
- IPR anthropologist Sera Young was named a 2019 Andrew Carnegie Fellow.
- IPR anthropologist Christopher Kuzawa was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- IPR education researcher James Rosenbaum was awarded the Elizabeth G. Cohen Distinguished Career in Applied Sociology of Education Award from the Sociology of Education Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association.
- IPR sociologist Lincoln Quillian was named a Guggenheim Fellow by the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation.
- Behavioral scientist and IPR associate Linda Teplin received the Paula H. Stern Award for Outstanding Women in Science and Medicine from the Women Faculty Organization of the Feinberg School of Medicine.
- IPR Director and economist Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach was elected to the National Academy of Education.
- IPR developmental psychologist Terri Sabol was honored for her early-career contributions by the Association for Psychological Science.
- Mesmin Destin was awarded the 2019 Distinguished Scientific Award for Early Career Contribution to Psychology.
- IPR health psychologist Greg Miller, finance professor and IPR associate Paola Sapienza, and professor and founding chair of medical social sciences and IPR associate David Cella were named 2018 Highly Cited Researchers by Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science.
- Edward Brooks, an IPR graduate research assistant, received the American Geophysical Union 2018 Natural Hazards Graduate Research Award. The award recognizes “promising young scientists for outstanding contributions achieved during their Ph.D. research” based on the impact—or potential impact—of their research on the field.