Access to microdata sets will be given for approved research projects only (see the proposal guidelines).
Please note that individuals or organizations seeking statistical or public-use datasets should visit the Census Bureau website.
Chicago RDC Data
The following types of data are available at the Chicago Research Data Center.
- Censuses and surveys of business establishments and firms
- With very few exceptions, no public use files exist for these surveys
- Censuses and surveys of households and individuals
- Data are NOT public use files
- Complete geography (in many cases down to the block)
- Items such as income are not top-coded
- Individual identifiers such as name, address, and Social Security numbers are not included
National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) data
- Projects will require both NCHS and Chicago RDC approval
- NCHS will create a custom extract database for each project
- Additional information is available on the NCHS RDC webpage
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) data
- Projects will require both AHRQ and Chicago RDC approval
- AHRQ will create a custom extract database for each project
- Additional information is available on the AHRQ RDC webpage