Leslie McCall Papers
Materials Related to The Undeserving Rich
- Introduction: Thinking about income inequality (pdf). In The Undeserving Rich: American Beliefs About Inequality, Opportunity, and Redistribution (Cambridge University Press, 2013).
- The political meanings of social class inequality. 2014. Social Currents 1(1): 25–34.
- Americans care about inequality when it limits opportunity. 2013. Scholars Strategy Network.
- Review of The Undeserving Rich, Robert Y. Shapiro. 2014. Political Science Quarterly 128(4): 750–53.
- Thinking Inequality. Claude Fischer. 2014. Made in America
- What do Americans want to do about inequality? David Callahan. 2013. Demos.
- The road to redistribution: Why government-not business-takes the lead in reducing inequality, David Callahan. 2013. Demos.
- Income inequality isn’t about the rich—it’s about the rest of us. Catherine Rampell. 2014. Washington Post.
- Are the rich undeserving? A conversation with Ross Reynolds. 2013. KUOW-Seattle NPR.
- Following the public on inequality. 2013. Institute for Policy Research e-news.
- Politics catches up with Americans' views on income inequality. 2012. Institute for Policy Research e-news.
Public Opinion and Inequality
- Does knowledge of inequality affect beliefs about inequality? Working paper with Fiona Chin, April 2013.
- Class differences in social and political attitudes in the U.S. (pdf), with Jeff Manza. 2011. In Oxford Handbook of American Public Opinion and the Media, ed. R. Shapiro and L. Jacobs, 552-70. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Americans' social policy preferences in the era of rising inequality, with Lane Kenworthy. 2009. Perspectives on Politics 7(3): 459-84.
- Inequality, public opinion, and redistribution, with Lane Kenworthy. 2008. Socio-Economic Review 6(1): 35-68.
Winner of the 2008 Best Article Award from Socio-Economic Review.
Families, Gender, and Inequality
- New population measures of economic dependency and gender inequality (pdf). Working paper.
- Income inequality: New trends and research directions, with Christine Percheski. In Annual Review of Sociology 36:329-47.
- What does class inequality among women look like? A comparison with men and families. 2008. In Social Class: How Does It Work? ed. A. Lareau and D. Conley, 193-323. New York: Russell Sage Foundation.
- Increasing class disparities among women and the politics of gender equity. 2007. In The Sex of Class, ed. D. Cobble, 15-34. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.