2011 Chicago Area Political and Social Behavior (CAB) Workshop
May 6, 2011
10:00 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Norris University Center
The Wildcat Room, (Room 101)
1999 Campus DriveEvanston Campus
The fifth annual Chicago Area Political and Social Behavior Workshop (CAB) will be held on Friday, May 6, 2011 at Northwestern University. The goal of these regularly occurring workshops is to bring together Chicago area social scientists who share an interest in political and social behavior.
- There will be four paper presentations, with discussion following each presentation.Papers, if available, will be posted at: http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/%7ejnd260/conference.html
- A moderator (for each paper) will keep time and perhaps pose a few questions; however, there is no formal discussant, and thus the discussion will largely come from the audience
- Each presenter will have approximately 30 minutes to present, followed by approximately 30 minutes of discussion (1 hour total).
- There will be a roundtable discussion on polarization featuring three discussants, as well as a moderator.
- The detailed schedule appears below.
A light breakfast, lunch, snacks, and a dinner will be provided. Part of the purpose of the meeting is to provide scholars from different schools with an opportunity to interact and exchange ideas in an informal setting.
Each graduate student will be matched with a faculty member from a different university who shares his/her interests. Time will be provided for these pairs to interact (e.g., during break times and lunch).
Please feel free to distribute this information to anyone (e.g., faculty or graduate student) who might be interested in attending.
|9:30-10:00a.m.||Coffee and light breakfast available|
|10:00-10:05a.m.||Introduction, James Druckman, Northwestern University|
|6:00-7:45p.m.||Dinner at Siam Splendor
1125 Emerson Street, Evanston, 847-492-1008
Northwestern’s Institute for Policy Research, Department of Political Science, and Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences have agreed to sponsor this event on an ongoing basis. Also, Dennis Chong, John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Professor at Northwestern University, has graciously offered to support the conference dinner with funds from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
If you have any questions, please contact Jamie Druckman at firstname.lastname@example.org.