QE Cost and Accommodations
Thanks to funding from IES and IPR, the cost for attendees’ tuition and meals during the week will be covered. Attendees, however, will be responsible for their own travel and lodging costs. We have negotiated a discounted rate at a local hotel. Once accepted, attendees will have until July 2 to make alternate lodging arrangements if they wish.
In a few cases, it will also be possible to cover all travel and lodging costs for those attendees who demonstrate an exceptional need. Attendees who want to avail themselves of these special scholarships should include an explanation of why they, or their organization, cannot pay for these expenses.
Please note: Applicants for travel and lodging scholarships must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States, or must have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence (i.e., possess a currently valid Alien Registration Receipt Card I-551, or other legal verification of such status).
Hotel rooms have been reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn in Evanston at a negotiated rate of $129/night, plus tax. The hotel is a 15-minute walk to the Norris University Center, where the workshops will be held. There is also a free shuttle service for guests to travel in and around Evanston.
- You must confirm your reservation one month prior to the workshop.
- You are responsible for any charges incurred due to late cancellation.
When booking your flights, please keep the following in mind:
- O’Hare Airport is more convenient to Evanston than Midway Airport, so we encourage you to fly through O'Hare if possible. If you fly through Midway, leave yourself an additional hour of travel time to get to the airport from Evanston. The workshop ends between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. on the last day. Ideal departure times from O'Hare would be between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.
- We expect that you will arrive in the afternoon or evening before the workshop and leave on the evening of the last day.
- For ground transportation, we recommend Airport Express (a shuttle that runs from both O'Hare and Midway), as a slightly less expensive option. Reservations must be made online or by calling 888.284.3826.
- You also have the option of taking a cab to and from the airport. We recommend using Evanston cab companies as they have flat rates to and from the airports. Find out more about them here.
Local attendees should contact Valerie Lyne for parking information. You must have a parking pass in order to park on campus during the workshop.
For any other logistical questions regarding the workshop, please e-mail Valerie Lyne at: email@example.com.