- "IPR/John H. Hollister Lecture: The Past, Present, and Future of Healthcare Reform," with Jonathan Gruber; Professor of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; and Healthcare Program Director, National Bureau of Economic Research. March 7, 2013.
- "Deterrence and the Death Penalty: Report of the National Research Council" with Daniel Nagin; Teresa and H. John Heinz III University Professor of Public Policy and Statistics, Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University; Chair, Committee on Deterrence and the Death Penalty, National Research Council. January 10, 2013.
- "Dealing with Missing Data" with Donald B. Rubin; John L. Loeb Professor of Statistics at Harvard University. August 3, 2012. Co-sponsored with Northwestern’s Department of Statistics, and the School of Education and Social Policy.
- "21st Century Justice: Current Research on Policing, Criminals, Prisons, and Guns," March 28, 2011. Presentations by Wesley G. Skogan, Professor of Political Science and IPR Associate Director and Fellow; John Hagan, MacArthur Professor of Sociology and Law and IPR Faculty Associate; and Jens Ludwig, McCormick Foundation Professor of Social Service Administration, Law, and Public Policy, University of Chicago.
- “Radical Shift or Politics as Usual? Implications of the 2010 U.S. Congressional Elections,” January 10, 2011. Presentations by Kenneth Janda, Payson S. Wild Professor Emeritus of Political Science; Laurel Harbridge, Assistant Professor of Political Science and IPR Faculty Fellow; and David Dranove, McNerney Professor of Health Industry Management and IPR Faculty Associate.
- "Improving No Child Left Behind: What the Research Says," April 5, 2010. Presentations by Thomas D. Cook, Joan and Sarepta Harrison Chair in Ethics and Justice; Professor of Sociology, Psychology, and Education & Social Policy; and Faculty Fellow, Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University; Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, Assistant Professor, Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago; David Figlio, Orrington Lunt Professor of Education & Social Policy; Professor of Economics; and Faculty Fellow, Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University.
Related policy briefing
- "Opportunities for Change: Taking Action to End Extreme Poverty in Illinois," December 9–10 2008, Illinois Poverty Summit, with keynote speaker Marian Wright Edelman, founder of the Children’s Defense Fund. Presentations by IPR faculty fellows Fay Lomax Cook, Dan A. Lewis, and James Rosenbaum. Co-sponsored with the Illinois Governor’s Office and Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights.
- “Reflections on the 2008 Presidential Election,” November 3, 2008, with Fay Lomax Cook, Director of IPR, Professor of Human Development and Social Policy, and IPR Faculty Fellow; Benjamin Page, Gordon S. Fulcher Professor of Decision Making and IPR Faculty Associate; and James Druckman, Associate Professor of Political Science, IPR Faculty Fellow, and Chair, IPR Program in Politics, Institutions, and Public Policy.
- "Health and Attainment Over the Lifecourse: Reciprocal Influences from Before Birth to Old Age," May 16, 2008 (co-sponsored with the University of Chicago)
- “The Thunder of History: Taxation in Comparative and Historical Perspective,” (pdf) May 4-5, 2007
- “Property Taxation in Illinois: How and Why Is It Broken and What Can Be Done to Fix It?” co-organized by IPR Faculty Fellow Therese McGuire and Nathan Anderson of the University of Illinois at Chicago, November 30, 2007. Co-sponsored with the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, University of Illinois, and Union League Club of Chicago.
- Apartheid in America,” with Felice Yeskel, Executive Director of Class Action, November 15. Co-sponsored with Northwestern’s Department of Gender Studies, Multicultural Student Affairs, LGBT Resource Center, and AKA Sorority
- "Gautreaux at 40," March 3, 2006
- “A Nation in Conflict: Hurricane Katrina,” with panelists Alice Palmer, former Illinois State Senator, and IPR Faculty Fellows Greg Duncan and James Rosenbaum. February 8, 2006. Co-sponsored with Northwestern’s Women’s Center.
- "Health-Care in America," (pdf) January 25, 2006
- "Geography of Opportunity: Race and Housing Choice in Metropolitan America," (pdf) with Xavier de Souza Briggs, Associate Professor of Sociology and Urban Planning at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, November 29.
- "The Public Policy Implications of the Next Supreme Court," with Lee Epstein, Jack N. Pritzker Distinguished Visiting Professor and Andrew Koppelman, Professor of Law and Political Science, October 14.
- C2S Introductory Conference, June 6, 2005
- "Whatever Happened to the Emerging Democratic Majority?" (pdf) with John B. Judis, Senior Editor, The New Republic, May 19.
- "University, Inc.? A Dialogue on the Rise of Commercial Values in Education," (pdf) Jennifer Washburn, Fellow, New America Foundation, May 4.